Top Border
SAFHS

The Scottish Association of Family History Societies

Patron: Dr Joseph J Morrow, Lord Lyon King of Arms
Awards for All Homecoming 2014
Left Border
Home

Membership

Contact Us

What's On

Conference

News

Publications

Bulletins

Join Us

Projects

Burial Grounds

Pre-1841
  Population Lists


Search

Constitution

Links

Burial Ground

County:Parish:
West Lothian (Linlithgow)Borrowstounness
Id:Parish No:Burial Ground Name:
2767 663Bo'ness Churchyard
Alternative Name:Still Exists:Demolished:
Church Wynd Churchyard, Bo'ness South ChurchyardYesNo
Type of Burial Ground:Denomination of Burial Ground:
ChurchyardChurch of Scotland
OS GridRef:Latitude:Longitude:Location:
NS99781656.01679-3.61051Church Wynd, Bo'ness
Dates - Ancient:Date Opened:Date Closed:
17th Century 19th Century ?
OPR:Kirk Session:
General Register Office, New Register House, Edinburgh, and West Lothian Local History LibraryNational Archives of Scotland, Edinburgh
Local Authority:Private:
Not Known 
Other:
 
Memorials:Surveyed:Pre-1855 MIs:Complete MI:Published:Unpublished:
YesYesYesNoYesNot Known
Obtained At:NBI Included:NMRS Number:
Falkirk Local History Society Calatria Volume #23Not KnownNS98SE 28
Notes or Comments:
Sometimes in the county of Stirling. Opened 17th century or earlier. According to J.F. & S. Mitchell - Monumental Inscriptions (pre-1855) in West Lothian, the Church Wynd site 'in 1762 was the only churchyard in the combined parish of Bo'ness and Kinneil; it was divided in two by the high road…; and the inhabitants of the Barony of Kinneil were generally buried in the south or upper part, and the inhabitants of Bo'ness in the north or lower part.' (page 53)

 

Click here to view in a larger map
Bottom Border
Copyright 2017 Scottish Association of Family History SocietiesScottish Charity No SC 029006