Top Border
SAFHS

The Scottish Association of Family History Societies

Patron: Dr Joseph J Morrow, Lord Lyon King of Arms
Awards for All Homecoming 2014
Left Border
Home

Membership

Contact Us

What's On

Conference

News

Publications

Bulletins

Join Us

Projects

Burial Grounds

Pre-1841
  Population Lists


Search

Constitution

Links

Burial Ground

County:Parish:
West Lothian (Linlithgow)Ecclesmachen
Id:Parish No:Burial Ground Name:
2776 666Binny Mausoleum
Alternative Name:Still Exists:Demolished:
 YesNo
Type of Burial Ground:Denomination of Burial Ground:
PrivateEpiscopal Church in Scotland
OS GridRef:Latitude:Longitude:Location:
NT04873355.94328-3.525795Just north of a private track through the Binny/Oatridge estate
Dates - Ancient:Date Opened:Date Closed:
 1873 
OPR:Kirk Session:
  
Local Authority:Private:
None 
Other:
 
Memorials:Surveyed:Pre-1855 MIs:Complete MI:Published:Unpublished:
No ?NoNoNoNoNo
Obtained At:NBI Included:NMRS Number:
 Not KnownNot listed on Canmore
Notes or Comments:
The Mausoleum was in Linlithgow Parish until a boundary change in 1890 or 1891 put it into Ecclesmachan. It was built for his own use by a Captain Stewart of Binny, consecrated by the Bishop of Edinburgh in 1873, and contained the remains of Captain Stewart and wife. Now empty.

 

Click here to view in a larger map
Bottom Border
Copyright 2017 Scottish Association of Family History SocietiesScottish Charity No SC 029006