Top Border
SAFHS

The Scottish Association of Family History Societies

Patron: Dr Joseph J Morrow, Lord Lyon King of Arms
Awards for All Homecoming 2014
Left Border
Home

Membership

Contact Us

What's On

Conference

News

Publications

Bulletins

Join Us

Projects

Burial Grounds

Pre-1841
  Population Lists


Search

Constitution

Links

Burial Ground

County:Parish:
West Lothian (Linlithgow)Queensferry
Id:Parish No:Burial Ground Name:
2788 670Carmelite Friars Church
Alternative Name:Still Exists:Demolished:
Priory Church of St Mary of Mount CarmelYesNo
Type of Burial Ground:Denomination of Burial Ground:
ChurchyardEpiscopal Church in Scotland
OS GridRef:Latitude:Longitude:Location:
NT12978555.99153-3.3978378 Hopetoun Road, South Queensferry
Dates - Ancient:Date Opened:Date Closed:
1330? Not Known
OPR:Kirk Session:
General Register Office, New Register House, Edinburgh and West Lothian Local History LibraryNational Archives of Scotland, Edinburgh
Local Authority:Private:
Not Known - Edinburgh Council 
Other:
 
Memorials:Surveyed:Pre-1855 MIs:Complete MI:Published:Unpublished:
YesYesYesNoYesNot Known
Obtained At:NBI Included:NMRS Number:
Scottish Genealogy SocietyNot KnownNT17NW11
Notes or Comments:
A monastic building of the white Carmelites. Probably used as a Reformed Church for 50 or so years after the Reformation, then as a mausoleum by the Dundas family. Restored and re-opened as Episcopal Church in 1890

 

Click here to view in a larger map
Bottom Border
Copyright 2017 Scottish Association of Family History SocietiesScottish Charity No SC 029006