Top Border
SAFHS

The Scottish Association of Family History Societies

Patron: Dr Joseph J Morrow, Lord Lyon King of Arms
Awards for All Homecoming 2014
Left Border
Home

Membership

Contact Us

What's On

Conference

News

Publications

Bulletins

Join Us

Projects

Burial Grounds

Pre-1841
  Population Lists


Search

Constitution

Links

Burial Ground

County:Parish:
Ross and CromartyBarvas
Id:Parish No:Burial Ground Name:
353 86Ness Cemetery
Alternative Name:Still Exists:Demolished:
HabostYesNo
Type of Burial Ground:Denomination of Burial Ground:
MunicipalAll
OS GridRef:Latitude:Longitude:Location:
   Ness
Dates - Ancient:Date Opened:Date Closed:
 1922Active
OPR:Kirk Session:
  
Local Authority:Private:
  
Other:
 
Memorials:Surveyed:Pre-1855 MIs:Complete MI:Published:Unpublished:
      
Obtained At:NBI Included:NMRS Number:
   
Notes or Comments:
The new cemetery on Habost Machair was opened in 1922 and the extensions opened in 1939 and 1991. Written records of burials were not kept until 1943 but a list from 1916 has been compiled form other sources. An annual list of burials in Ness Cemeteries is now published by Comunn Eachdraidh and the Ness Cemetery Committee.
Bottom Border
Copyright 2017 Scottish Association of Family History SocietiesScottish Charity No SC 029006